August 9, 2018
Summer Serve camp dished out fun all week long as 29 Galilee youth braved the heat to do good in our community.
These campers served as the hands and feet of Jesus:
- At the grocery store, collecting 1,293 grocery items and $153 for Backpack Buddies.
- In the Galilee Gift Garden, pulling weeds and harvesting fresh vegetables for our friends and neighbors.
- At the fire station, bringing gifts to our first responders.
- In our parks, keeping nature trails pristine for us all to enjoy.
- At Mobile Hope, the Leesburg nonprofit supporting homeless kids and young adults.
- In the church, baking cookies and making crafts to give to members of the community.
In these and many other ways, the kids at Summer Serve learned how good it feels to help others in the name of Jesus. They did it all armed with nothing more than smiles, water bottles, some bug spray, and a bit of sunscreen. We want to give a big thanks to all the parents and especially to the volunteers who helped us make Summer Serve a success.
We pray that when these young people return to school in a few weeks, a bit of the fun and faith that they experienced with their friends will go with them.