Galilee is happy to offer Outdoor Communion Services for believers to receive the Lord’s Supper in a safe and socially distanced environment.
On a monthly basis (or more frequently), our pastors will offer communion outdoors at the west end of our building (original section). Please park in the gravel parking lot and stand in the marked areas. Communion will be offered in sealed, single-serve disposable cups.
SEPTEMBER 27TH COMMUNION:
Registration is required via InFellowship. Learn how to set up an InFellowship account, if you don’t have one.
REGISTRATION AND HEALTH FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED BY SEPTEMBER 23
Registration for services is open for a brief window to ensure that any health data remains up to date between sign up and the service. Space limited to 25 places.
Registration for future services opens one week in advance. Check back frequently for future services:
Wed Oct. 7, 9am
Sun Oct. 18, 6pm
Outdoor Communion happens near the doors of the original wing of Galilee.
Registration closes 4 days prior to the event. If the service is full, please contact email@example.com or call 703-430-2203 to be added to the wait list.
After completing a registration form, you must also complete a Health Assessment Form through the Virginia United Methodist Conference website to complete your registration. A link to the site will be provided on the confirmation email you receive after registering.
Please note the following regarding Outdoor Communion:
- This event is limited to 25 participants.
- Outdoor Communion will take place in front of the Original Building entrance at Galilee UMC.
- Each member of the family must register for this event and fill out the Health Assessment Form prior to the event. Parents may complete registration and Health Assessment Forms for their children.
- Family units will stand together.
- Outdoor Communion is a standing service that will require walking 75 to 100 feet in order to receive communion and return to your assigned spot. Chairs will not be provided but participants may bring their own chairs if needed. he service is scheduled to last approximately 20 minutes.
- The service will last approximately 20 minutes. Pre-packaged communion elements will be used.
- The building will be closed, no access to restrooms or other facilities within Galilee Church.
- All participants must wear masks and abide by social distancing practices.
- Event takes place rain or shine. If heavy rain occurs, participants will be asked to wait in cars until the weather is clear.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please contact the Galilee Church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-430-2203 so we may create room for others wanting to attend.
Galilee United Methodist Church endeavors to provide a safe facility to anyone who enters the church property. Due to the threat of COVID-19 any gathering could potentially expose attendees to infectious/communicable disease. By attending this event you acknowledge and accept the risk of possible exposure to such disease. You will accept personal responsibility for any loss sustained due to your attendance as well as for any medical treatment necessitated by your attendance. By attending the above referenced event you agree to hold harmless Galilee United Methodist Church and any of its employees in the event of subsequent illness.